Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Iranian Lunch

These days I am very bored cooking Indian food and the Italian pasta. I desperately wanted to eat something different and new. So I invited my Iranian colleague to teach me some simple Iranian food which is scrumptious. And my friend agreed spontaneously and came over to my place and cooked rice and chicken. This luscious dish was shared by me, my roommate, the cook and my Costarican friend. This dish was similar to Indian food, but the style was different and I really liked it. 

The recipe is quite simple, for the chicken curry, you should have some chicken breast pieces, one onion, tomatoes/tomato paste,potatoes, turmeric, salt, chilly powder. Just saute the onions in low flame, and fry the chicken pieces. After 5 minutes add some salt, turmeric and chilly power on the chicken and fry both sides of chicken. try for 10 minutes and in another bowl, add some water, depending on how much gravy you want. Add tomato paste and pour all the chicken and onions into the pot and spread potatoes on it. Boil it for 15-20 minutes and the curry is ready. 

On the other hand, boil rice mostly in a electric cooker or pot, and add some oil and salt. Cut potatoes in a elliptical shape and place them along the borders of rice and pot.Wait for it to cook .Then add little butter to the rice and mix it well. Now you can serve it hot with the curry. Bouno appetito!!


No comments:

Post a Comment