Thursday, April 4, 2013

Miracles Play


I have always wondered why we believe in supernatural powers. These powers are felt by very few people and hence cannot be generalized. I have read few stories of people suffering from diseases and escaping death by sheer miracle. Few escaping accidents. The reasons of which are unknown by them. Being a science student, it makes my logic and reason, really difficult to understand something which I cannot perceive. Like me there are many people, who question the existence of supernatural powers and few believe it blindly. But why we believe in supernatural powers? Because believing in supernatural power makes us feel good, comforting and consoling. People just want to believe because they want to. People believe in all weird stuff. I like the ideas of the great philosopher ‘Epicurus’, just because his teachings are simple and it has worked for me very well. So I consider him as the epitome of wisdom and with best understanding. According to him there were gods and they left. They have nothing to do with humans. But I am not convinced with that answer either. So I tend in believing myself. It makes me feel good and I don’t need to believe on any supernatural power. There is no necessity and requirement to believe in any supernatural power. But one day, something happened which made my beliefs to come under supervision and subject to change.

On 16th Feb 2013, one of my close friend, Amar, attended a marriage in Hyderabad. The function hall was close to my best friend, Vamsi’s house. Vamsi was in disconsolation about his career. His life had been sinking down since 2005. So I asked Amar to meet Vamsi. I had also talked to Vamsi that day and decided to talk with him the next day morning to discuss about his statement of purpose for his admissions. It was around 9 pm and was less than 15 minutes drive for Vamsi to reach the function hall. They had dinner together and were talking till 12 30 am. That is when Vamsi decided to return to his home. The next day, since I am 4: 30 hrs behind IST, I woke up suddenly thinking Vamsi would have come online as we had planned to discuss about his SOP. I didn’t find him online and was getting ready for my classes. I switched on the internet in my mobile and saw something around 80 messages in our friends group. My eyes were blurred and when I was reading the messages, my eyes filled with tears. Vamsi had met an accident and was admitted in ICU. He was in coma. I felt so helpless. I didn’t know what to do. I called one of my friends and cried. Called few others too and all were equally sad. Damn I felt so miserable. I blamed myself the cause of this agony to him. If I would not have given the phone number of Vamsi to Amar, he would  have never called him and there would have been no meet and no accident. He was my best friend. We had been together since 2005 and from the first day of our college, we shared an emotional rapport and were very close.  After some 10 hours he stopped breathing and was admitted in the ICU. The doctors said that it will take min 48 hours to analyze his condition and depending on that further action would be decided. In ICU he was under artificial breathing.  The doctors said that there were blood clots in the brain and it will take a long time to cure, there was infection in the lungs too and bleeding from ears. After 48 hours of artificial breathing, when he didn’t come to normal breathing the doctors decided to make a hole on the wind pipe and provide oxygen.. On the 6th day he moved his hand and he abused the nurses, who were trying to give him an injection. He came out of his coma and responded to voices from his dad. We had relief on the 9th day.  On 10th day, he opened his eyes, and could recognize his parents, remembered few things but not names of people. The doctors had lost hope on the recovery and were expecting minimum six months or may be more. Everyone including doctors were appalled by his miraculous recovery. He is now discharged from hospital and is fine at home.  Upon hearing the news, many of my friends visited him, took care of him emotionally and financially. I talked to him few days back. He seems to have problems with remembering names. He even had remembering his favourite actor ‘Robert Di Niro’. But he could remember our memories. I was happy he could remember me.  On that gory night, some rash driver had hit him and escaped .He was lying on the road and it was raining too. Some college students who were passing by saw him lying and called the ambulance. Lucky guy!!




What just happened in the last fifteen days? Something beyond human capabilities, I think. May be he would have recovered in six months or may be the side effects would have been more. But I guess there was some help from the supernatural which helped in his quick recovery. When I heard the news, I turned to supernatural because I had no one else to believe and I think, Gods have something to do with mankind. I don’t know the reasons of his/her to help the mankind. Without their help, it would have been impossible to get my friend back. My beliefs and understandings are in retrospect now. It’s still a miraculous play for me which is inexplicable. Believing in supernatural surely felt better and the outcome was pleasant.



17 comments:

  1. awww wish ur frnd a quick and speedy recovery. And yes also all the memories which u people have lived in :) miracles are nothing but true prayers and pure wishes which comes from heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I m very sorry for ur frnd vamsi nd wish him a better recovery. Anyways I wud like u to know that even I am an hyderabad studied student. Did my schooling frm thr. And about the miracles of supernatural powers even i sumtym get confused whether they exists or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you or your concern. regarding the supernatural, yes its still a confusion.

      Delete
  3. Wish Vamsi a quick recovery. And yes i do believe in miracles they do happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish Vamsi a quick recovery. And miracles really happen. There are several things in life which can never be explained. Its a jigzaw puzzle which falls into its place only with time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the wish.yes I am starting to believe in them now..

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is no fine line between the natural and the supernatural and no one can tell when one will be in the othe territory. I have had some unsettling experiences myself.

    I am happy for the miracle that happened to your friend. Wish him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you very much for the wishes umashanar ji.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also wish a speedy recovery to your close friend Vamsi.

    Supernatural powers exists only if we pray from the bottom of our heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Pravin. he is getting better every day. thanks for your wishes.

      Delete
  9. Yeah indeed there is a power above to cater and and help us when ever we are in need, even when we turn our backs, call it a super natural or God. We plan a lot of things for ourselves, but God is the planner of all planners. Wishing a 'get well soon' to your friend.

    A Rat's Nibble

    ReplyDelete
  10. True, miracles do play a major role in our life, to which we do not any scientific explanation. Good one. Kudos..

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are right! basically a miracle is God rearranging reality in our favor... i wish your friend a speedy recovery and a healthy and happy life :)
    all d best to you...amazing blog! :)

    ReplyDelete