Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Quest


Standing aloof on the sea shore,
away from my agitation and daily chore,
my thoughts,feeling and emotions yet to explore.
then came tumbling the turbulent wave,
vigorously roaring and heading so brave.
throwing sand, shells and wetting my feet,
ran hurriedly back to the sea,weakening my cleat.

To convey the instability  of my standing,
It came repeatedly without relinquishing.
Luring me with the faraway placidity,
assuring perpetual tranquility.
dragging me reluctantly to the profound,
obstinate me wont give up my ground.

on your side too mental exertion would not bestow emancipation,
similar was the melancholy and continued my dissatisfaction.
you are like an oasis in the desert,
to the wanderer,enduring hunger and thirst.
Happiness is within onself what I perceive,
hither and thither searched for it,of which I grieve,
I,strive to retrieve the lost joy,until this world I leave.

                                                                           http://imgfave.com/view/1236310

23 comments:

  1. nice poem... Very touching.. I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog.. http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is within buddy! :)
    You only have to find how to feel it.Read a rhyming thoughtful poem after a long time.
    Nice penning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Alcina. Yes happiness is within, I agree

      Delete
  3. Cleat is a new word I have learnt today. Poetry need not be always rhymed to be effective. Just my take. Thanks for the visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the comment, yes i agree poetry need not rhyme always, but I wanted to make it rhyme. 7,6,7 lines in three paragraphs,first and last 3 lines rhyme and rest every 2lines rhyme. i am still new to poetry and learning the nuances.

      Delete
  4. Well portrayed broda!
    I'm afraid your earch for that lost joy won't ever end... :-))
    Talking off-topic, it'll be nice to give the credit to the picture source... 'google image' is the search engine... so giving credit to it doesn't really help the real artist behind the image... hope you understand.
    Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Anunoy, but i would train my mind and heart for the joy. And for the image, I will change it, and wont err it from next time. thanks for your valuable comments

      Delete
  5. Thank you for promoting my post. It's good to read about the search for happiness in poetry. What a coincidence...i am half way through this book Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. As of now Siddhartha too is searching for joy...inner joy with no strings attached.
    And here i get to read urs.
    Maybe i too seek joy only thing i can't compose. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome. I wanted to read the book, I had just watched the movie ''siddhartha'' 1972 based on this book i guess. May be when I go to India, I can get it. thanks for your comments.

      Delete
  6. Dis is quite something, the words create the picture and the rhythm the flow. A good read :)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant lines. "Happiness is within oneself what I perceive"

    And that is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good composition ! liked the way the words were so precisely placed in each line with rhythm !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real emotive poem! nice one my friend

    ReplyDelete
  10. Indeed, ultimately happiness is within!

    ReplyDelete