Friday, July 25, 2014

100th Post : My most cherished memory

Finally!! after I started serious blogging  again in the year 2013, today is my 100th post. And this post I would like to dedicate for a small memory from my graduation days. Even though I have struggled a lot in my life,  my memories with me are the happy ones.When me and my friend meet, we talk about this even now. It might not be a very big thing for many but for us it was surely a memory for life . 

It was the year 2005, our first semester of college. We all were new to each other. Somehow I struck a chord with a guy who was two rooms away from mine. We shared common interests and were becoming good friends. Fortunately we were from the same branch. 

On one night of November, the climate was excellent and it surely demanded some booze and a good company to chit chat. It was 9 30 pm, and I came out of my room and at the same time, my friend too came out of his room. We both saw each other and the same thought came to our mind and we uttered, Beer? .

We knew wine shops would close by 10 pm in chennai, so we had to dash. It was 1 km away. Moreover due to heavy rains, most of the trees had fallen down blocking all the shortcuts in my campus. The roads had turned into rivers. Worst thing was just one bicycle. And that bicycle was a racing one, so it was not comfortable for two heavy guys to ride. But we were determined and set forth.

Myself being more energetic of both, took the initiative to ride and when we crossed the college boundaries, the area was much flooded and were completely unaware of the path we were riding. We just had the destination in mind and had to reach before 10 pm

Finally when we reached there, the guy was about to close the shop. We took two bottle, sat under a shed, getting partially wet and drinking and chit chatting for an hour. Then we rode back drunk in the same path.

We reached our rooms, took bath and had an wonderful sleep.

Drinking so common that it cant be categorized as fun, I agree, but the way we two thought of it and set forth like a mission and the jokes we were cracking all the way were the most memorable. 

2 comments:

  1. Apologies i have delayed in Congratulating you on your 100th post. Well i am here now and i wish you many many more. Not that i had not seen ur post but i was facing connectivity problems. Some error message kept flashing some DNS server crap.
    Yeah memories are priceless. Getting beer is no big deal but i am sure replaying the whole scene of the entire dash must be cracking u with laughter and smiles till date. That is what is 'priceless'.
    long ago we saw this movie called Summer of 42. There is a scene where the main character an adolescent boy's friend is supposed to creep into the father's room to get some ciggies for all of them, and then there is this dialogue it is hilarious, " Making two two copies". It has got stuck with all of us. Something similar happens in the movie...it is not a matter of beer or anything...it is that moment and the funniness of that moment that stays forever. We still crack up when we hear that word copy because all we can remember is that scene from the movie and '' Making two two copies".
    u will have to see the movie to know what he was making two two copies and for which purpose. The moral of the movie being, in everbody's life there is a summer of 42.
    Nice to hear your monsoon story. And in everbody's life there is a monsoon story too...i wonder if something as interesting happened for me during monsoons in Chennai. Maybe i can think and remember...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you shivaniji for your comment. I shall surely watch that movie. As you rightly said, it is the moment which we can never replicate with the same emotions again.

      I would like to hear about your monsoon story!!

      Thanks for visiting, keep visiting

      Delete